William [Ger: Wilhelm] B. Buchholz *
(4/30/1827 Hanover (Ger: Hannover), Germany - 4/6/1912 Rockport,
[Millwright and inventor * *]
Anna Frances Buchholz
(1863 - 1948) m c1886
[went with her mother to see Abraham Lincoln on his funeral train 1865]
Albert Christopher Fletcher (1863 - 1911)
Grace Fletcher (10/6/1887 - 11/30/1984) m 10/7/1882 [ D.A.R. Nat.
Halavor F. Holbeck (1907 - 9/15/1995)
Albert Frederick "Freddie" Fletcher (1888 - 3/27/1964)
Frederick William Buchholz
( 1/5/1865 Cleveland, OH - 9/15/1920 Pasadena, CA) m ? d.s.p.
[Master Teacher and he wrote all mathematics text books for Chicago, IL schools]
Daisy Buchholz (c1868 - ?)
Jeanette Glazier m ?
Russell Thatcher, Jr.
Robert Louis Buchholz (1/6/1906 Cleveland, OH - 1/29/1995 Sacramento, CA)
m 4/27/1928 Ontario, CA
[Color Specialist in motion pictures business]
Isabelle Montgomery ( 6/16/1908 Mason City, IL - )
Barbara Irene Buchholz (8/2/1929 Upland, CA - )
(1) Richard Donald Scott (8/23/1927 Upland, PA - ) m 1947 - 1948 Burbank, CA
(2) Alva Stewart Cooper (3/9/1922 Alexandria, SD- ) m 11/4/1951 Glendale, CA
Robert Alva Cooper (7/24/1955 - )
(1) Kathleen Miller m 1980 - 1990
(2) Sarah Talahongva m 5/1997 Phoenix, AZ
Jill Eileen Cooper (2/17/1958 - ) m 3/21/1981 Sacramento, CA
Joseph Mathew Coulter
Kaitlin Victoria Coulter (5/25/1985 Greenwood, Nova Scotia - )
Margaret Josephine Buchholz (2/11/1908 Cleveland, OH - 1/18/2000 Burlington,
VT) m 3/31/1931 - 8/31/1945 Hollywood, CA
George Robert Richardson (10/8/1911 Park City, Summit, UT - 3/17/1963 Torrence, LA, CA)
Helen Buchholz (10/14/1874
Cleveland, OH - 5/7/1966) *** m ?
Burt Shaffer (? - ?)
Dorothy Shaffer (1902 - ?) m ?
Robert K. Beck, Sr. (1902 - 1957)
Robert "Bo" K. Beck, Jr. (1927 - ) m ?
Lois Ritter (1928 - )
Catherine Beck (1952 - ) m ?
Michael Reese (1949 - )
Jason Reese (1974 - )
Lilly Beck Reese (1977 - )
Meagen Reese (1980 - )
Mary "Betty" Elizabeth Beck (1929 - ) m ?
Dr. John Barrett (1930 - )
Mary "Mary" Elizabeth Barrett (1956 - )
Martha Beck Barrett (1958 - )
Sara Shaffer Barrett (1961 - )
Carolyn Heydon Barrett (1964 - )
Daniel Casey Barrett (1966 - )
* This is the information which is on his death certificate, provided by the eldest son Frederick Buchholz (It is not known if he meant the city, the provence, or the Kingdom of Hanover!). My mother Margaret (Buchholz) Richardson believed that William Buchholz was from Schlesweg-Holstein, Germany. There is a town called Buchholz in Schlesweg-Holstein, Germany, but no connection to William has been established.
* * New information about William Buchholz states that he "was brought to the US by Quaker Oats Co. for his knowledge of milling process..." William Buchholz was also the holder of patent for striping process for china. The patent was later sold to the Parmala-Dorman Company.
*** Information on
this line contained in a letter from Dorothy Sheffer Beck 1/16/1981 to